Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Valentine's surprise

Ok, so I'm finally ready to share my Valentine's project.  I still have my 'winter' decor up until this weekend, but I can't wait to share this with you. Brace yourselves, and if anybody else has made this in the past.....please don't tell me. (Just kidding) 

I found my inspiration in a magazine article that has NOTHING to do with the upcoming holiday.  It was the January edition of First for Women magazine. The article was on achieving happiness. When I saw the picture, I could hardly contain my excitement! Here is a blogworthy project!!

See that cute little heart and the subtitle under it? 


So I headed to the dark recesses of the storage room to find my supplies.  I knew that I needed a puzzle and a frame minus the glass. Pack rat that I am, they were both waiting for me. I had my DH and son pick up a can of Pink Krylon for me.....I think that they did rather well on the color choice!  
Step one: paint your puzzle pieces. Note: start with the backs so that you don't have to learn the hard way like I did.  They dry fairly quick.
Ooo, Aahh

While they are drying, cut a heart out of card stock. (Having scrapbooking supplies on hand helps with this part.)
Lurve Creating Memories  Tools
 I also chose a piece of patterned paper to print the saying on.  I played around with different fonts until I found one that I liked.
Font name- Fiolex Girls

Place the heart at the top or the bottom, depending on how you want yours, and glue in place. 
My fav glue after E6000

Use a stronger glue and start adding the puzzle pieces. Mine were still a little tacky, so I sprinkled a little glitter on top. Let it dry for a couple of hours. 
Lookin' good

After I got it all put together, I decided that the brown frame was a little, or a lot, wrong. So back to the Krylon....
Looks much better don't ya think?!  
Giddy, Seriously....

Any who, this is what it looks like now and I'm totally loving that I actually had something turn out the way I pictured it!! What do you think? 

Party On!! 
Connie
 Parties that I'm joining.....check them out!! 
Visit thecsiproject.com  
Friday's Junk Pile

Simpsonized Crafts 
           Beyond The Picket Fence    Photobucket
  
Show and Tell GreenAnything Related     













15 comments:

  1. Very cute and inexpensive. We have tons of old puzzles...
    Sarag

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool idea. Glad I stumbled across your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea! I also love the subway art below- I am obsessed with it lately!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorably clever!! I love it! Beautiful and creative.

    xoxo,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is adorable. Love the CM love. Also, that font is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so fantastic! I also love when things turn out the way I want the first time. It makes you feel like such an accomplished crafter, doesn't it? I think this use of puzzle pieces in crafting is one of the best I've seen, and this is a truly beautiful piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the how it pops out! :) great job.
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the puzzle idea. Might have to run with that...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea...it turned out so cute! Good job:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That turned out amazing! How you came up with puzzle pieces was great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. By the way,thanks for joining my first linky party.8>)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it's clever, meaningful, and pretty--great project!

    ReplyDelete