Saturday, March 13, 2010

A couple of projects

So, the weather is NOT cooperating.  So much for the big stuff getting done.  I did finish a couple of little projects that I can share now.  I have been doing some serious stalking and searching.  I love what I've seen and have made notes and sketches of things that I want to do.  You should see the notepad by my computer.  I've also been scouring the thrift stores here in search of things that are similar to the project sketches.  So without further ado, here is what I have been able to finish.



Some of the found items, before the make-over...

                                              
                      Some thrift shop treasures...........



                   Lovely brass candle sticks that I already owned.......


                beautious Easter Eggs from Big Lots......

And......drumroll please.......ddddddddddddddddd


I spray painted all of the candlesticks black and then glued the glass on top.  The eggs I sprayed white, painted with the blue and then speckled with a walnut ink. (I cut off the 'cute' ribbon hangers on the eggs of course.)  The tray has been painted several times, it doesn't know for sure what color is was when I brought it home.

The two candlesticks that match were my grandmother's and were already black, lucky for me huh?  The tall one in the middle was also already black, but it is really a small vase.  I love that a candle fit in it perfectly, all I had to do was clean it up a bit.

The black sign has been sanded down for me by my darling husband and is ready for the next project.  I just need time to paint it the color that I want and to find the perfect adornments for it.  Check back later for that one.

Surely you will recognize some of these from the blogs that I love.  I tell everyone I am a great copy cat!  I can never quite come up with an original idea of my own.  So to all of you who inspire me.........keep up the good work.

3 comments:

  1. connie!! i didn't know you had a blog.. so glad i found you! love you lots!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my LURVING it~ I LOVE all of your amazing projects! It looks so great! Love ya~

    ReplyDelete