I can't believe that it has been so long since I've posted! Things have picked up at work and I have been so busy
snooping looking at all of your fab blogs to get ideas for changing things up at the ole Button Box.
Summer sure took her time getting here. I'm still waiting for a day without the
stinkin' loverly wind so that I can get some pieces sanded and stained. At this rate, I'm going to have to take them to my mom and dad's place and use their car-port. I've just really had it with the almost constant wind!!
I did get some things done this weekend........not house work mind you.
That will have to wait until Monday, and maybe not even then. Sure wish my fairy god-mother would make an appearance! (SIGH). So, here we go with 2 of the things that are finished, sort of.
Here is one of the drabular little yard sale finds from a couple of weeks ago. I'm thinking about putting this one by the back door when it's done,
With the help of these new friends of mine we made the other 'coat hook thingie' look totally spectacular! I'm in love with the Dark Hammered Bronze.......I'm looking for other things to spray this color! I wonder if the old truck would like a coat of this?? Just kidding Honey! I won't mess with your truck.
Aww, look how pretty! I hung it in the upstairs bath because it is for the GIRLS! What's that you say? What girls? Oh, I guess that would mean only me!
I wish that's how it worked. (Sigh again, ) O.K. so I have to have one feminine place for me to get ready, even if the boys think they need their hair done in there too. And no, we don't live in a mobile, but our home was built from a kit in the '70s. Therefore, no sheet-rock in the place.
Here it is with the new curtains! Lurving the purple and green! I also love the fact that I don't have to
harp remind the man cubs to fold the towels the right way before hanging them up. I think that the tile will go on the floor next. I hate having carpet in there.
Project 2 was a little more difficult. We bought this bench probably 10 years ago. It has definately seen better days. But it isn't broken, just ugly!! So off to Home Depot we go. I'm getting sweaty palms just thinking about the paint section!! I love all the colors of spray paint they have there!
So, 2 cans of this, a LOT of wind, and a sore hand/wrist later.......................
..............and now it looks like this!! I'm thinking that it could use one more coat/can to make it look the way I want it to. I also have plans to add a cushion this year.
I totally let go and let Ron pick the color. What? You don't believe me? Oh, alright, I let him pick between 2 different reds and this is the one he liked best. There, are you happy now? So when the 3rd coat and the cushion get finished, I'll post another picture. So until then, find a project you would like to spray paint and show us what YOU have done!
Lookin' forward to stalking your blogs!
Connie
Let me know when you're ready to cushion let me know, I'll totally come help!
ReplyDelete