First, I went to the thrift store looking for a frame and the red shirt. Bonus! Fell in love with the blue one too. Also, someone had already painted and distressed the frame for me. Total spent $9.00. I know, I should have shopped at the other store and it would have cost me less. But they are only open Thursday thru Saturday..........bummer.
I took the picture out and used the back of the frame to measure the material I would need from the shirt. (I only used part of the front and now I have extra to make another flag or something else)
Wrapped the edges, pulling tight, and adhere with my favorite silver adhesive. Making sure to trim the corners so that it will lay flat in the frame.
Then I found a suitable template for the blue patch. I attached it
My favorite part of the Pledge of Allegiance came next. I used my favorite font (CK Calligraphy) and placed it under the glass. My regular markers wiped right off so I ended up using a sharpie. Doesn't look as cool, but it won't rub off either.
I used the buttons from the red shirt and then went shopping in my Grandma's button box. I have wanted to use these star buttons on something for a loooong time. So glad that I still had them. Attached them with a little hot glue. I then tore some white material for the stripes and glued them also. I think they should have been a little less wide, but it's done now.
Slid it all back in the frame and TA DA! A new decoration for Independence Day!! Now I need to finish the firecrackers to go with it. You still have some time to make one for yourself if you hurry!!!
Happy Blogging!
Connie







ok, now I'm totally jealous!
ReplyDeleteI'd make one, but damn that would mean one more thing to freaking pack...
connie how come you're so awesome? that's so cute! i'm jealous! you should open up your own craft store!
ReplyDelete